Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm having a sale and swapping ornaments!

Yep, right now in my Etsy shop through December 7th, all ornaments (sets included) are buy one and get the second half off. Details are in my shop. Hoping to make a little extra $$ before Christmas, as I know that's not happening working in retail! haha...
Here is one of my new ornaments, that is also included in the sale...
In other news, I've got umpteen thousand projects on my plate for Christmas. And I'm talking about gifts...I'm trying to make more things for people this year, you know, do the whole handmade thing, although I still have some things to buy in stores. I'm starting to worry that I won't get it all done...anyone else feeling like this? Just when I think I've made a bit of progress, I think of everything else and it's like "Uh oh! Panic Mode!". Craziness!

I received my first ornament for the Red Velvet Art Ornament Swap yesterday from Kristen in Iowa (thanks Kristen!)...it's really super cute! Will post pictures as soon as I receive all 3. Mine are all completed and now just need to be shipped, which I plan on doing tomorrow morning. Still have to post pics of mine too. Might edit this post later to include them. This was such a good idea that Rachel had! Hoping she does it again next year! Did anyone else join in this year?

*EDIT: Here they are! Hope the ladies receiving them enjoy! :)

Oh, and this is a chipboard button tree I made. First saw the idea on 2Peas and decided to try and make my own. It was a lot of fun! Really easy too! The original had ribbon in the form of a bow on top, but I found this cute little mini star tree topper at AC Moore and thought it would be perfect. It was metallic gold originally, but I sanded it down (so the paint would stick) and painted it bronze and then added glitter. I also added a tree trunk on mine, which is a vintage thread spool. I watercolored it brown. The watercolor was an experiment...I wanted it brown but didn't want the look acrylic paint gives it...I wanted it to look more aged, natural, like a real tree trunk. I'm really happy with the way it came out!

Anyways...hope you're all well and the holidays aren't bogging you down too much! :)
-Lindsay

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh i love all ur ornaments!!!! You rock those things girlie! And that tree is super cute!!!

Nicole said...

ornament swap? what a great idea! those are so cute!


just stopped by to wish you a joyous holiday season. i recently listed a free calendar download on my blog if you're interested in checking it out!

FauveDesign said...

wow you rockin girl!You go and do your thing with those ornaments!they are supa dupa cool!

RachelDenbow said...

Your ornaments and your tree are just beautiul! Thanks so much for my ornament. I love it!

Shawn said...

Found your blog through Rachels and LOVE your ornaments. Totally love your scrapping style too. Off to add you to my bloglines. :) Have a merry Christmas! :)

Lauren Z said...

Hi! I found your blog thru Rachel. I just wanted to say that I love your work. It is so fresh and unique. I am also a French vanilla coffee loving, scrapbooking addicted, Gemini :) I look forward to seeing more of your work!