Wednesday, March 5, 2008

On the tightrope, all is quite clear...

Hi, hi! How is everyone? It's rainy and slushy here today, so I thought, "Why not update my blog?" and thus, here I am.
Here's a few random things for today...

I went to my grandmother's the other day for lunch with Tim and came across this cute little mini Paris souvenier tray in one of my Great-grandmother's old trunks. My grandmother said I could keep it, as I love Paris (my room is Paris themed!)...although I've never been there, I hope to one day!
After lunch, Tim and I stopped into Goodwill again. It was less busy this time, but of course, there were still lines. I did find this mini Paris souvenier plate for $1.99 though! I hit the Paris jackpot this day! It has a tiny chip in the paint by the top of the Eiffel Tower, but you can't tell all that much, and I thought it was really cute. Now I need to get some mini plate holders, so I can display the plate and tray in my room!
I've been feeling really inspired by spring and birds and nests and nature lately, especially after I saw the work of Katie Runnels from the Constant Gatherer on ArtsyMama's blog. Especially this piece. I fell in love with it! So, when I made a trip to AC Moore the other day, I picked up some nest wreaths, reindeer moss, flowers, plus some more paper birds and other nature-y stuff, thinking I could make something similar of my own. I played a bit and came up with this bird nest wreath (although, it's totally not on the same level as Katie Runnels piece!)...
My crafty area today...
Does anyone else out there believe in the power of the Magic 8 Ball?
I totally want to believe and I do (well, when it gives me the answer I'm looking for, haha), and today, I had a question that's been on my mind for a while...a long while. Today it was brought to the forefront again and I felt compelled to go to the 8 Ball. I shook it and thought, "Just give a yes or no", plain and simple, no "ask again laters" or any other ambiguous answers. I wanted something concrete. When I flipped it over to look, it said this...
Yep. You can barely make it out in the photo, but it does say "YES"...just a simple "YES". And that was the answer I was hoping for and it kinda gave me chills. Of course, I know you can't really base anything off that, but it's comforting in an odd sort of way for the moment. And of course, makes me think even more about this "thing". I think I just need to have faith...in the 8 ball, this thing and in life. Does that make sense? haha

But okay, that's all for now...going to go try to straighten up my crafty area. Wish me luck...I'm gonna need it! :)
-Lindsay

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I soooo love the magic 8 ball!! I still have one too! :)