Friday, May 15, 2009

Semi-Charmed Kind of Crafty Life

Hello! Figured I'd share a few things I've made recently with you all!

First up, it was both my boyfriend's parents' wedding anniversary and my boyfriend's father's birthday this past week, so I made a couple greeting cards in honor of the occasions.A little bit of vintage goodness on both cards, just the way I like it! The vintage Bandit playing card on the birthday greeting card was from One Ripe Peach.Speaking of One Ripe Peach, this lovely package filled with goodies arrived in my mailbox today...isn't it just lovely? Ellen is so awesome! Seriously, one of my favorite Etsy shops for vintage delights and pretty things! Be sure to check out her blog, as well, to see all of her lovely thrift store finds!

I forgot to share these Mother's Day cards last weekend...Here's an altered trinket box I made the other day...I plan on putting lots of little mementos from my relationship with the boyfriend thus far. The little vintage double frame on top was thrifted from Goodwill recently and worked just perfectly on top of the box! It's a little heavy with it on there, but I don't plan on moving it around too much. I used Aleene's Super Thick Tacky Glue on the back (after removing the easel stands) and I don't think that frame will be coming off unless I try to pull it.

Oh, here's a recent pic of the boyfriend.This is as close to laying on my prized Urban Outfitters quilt as I'll let him. It's removed every night before bed. But if you remember all I went through to get it, I'm sure you can understand, hehe.These vintage Christmas Ornaments were recently purchased off eBay for a really great deal! I couldn't resist!

Last night, we went to see Third Eye Blind (marked my 5th time) and they were awesome, as usual, even with Stephan Jenkins wearing some black spandex-y half-cape/body drapery thing for the first half of their set.Got to see them afterwards as well. Here I am with Brad Hargreaves (the drummer)...
And I am happy to report that I didn't get smacked in the face by Tony (the guitarist) this time around (see photo below from 2007, which I grabbed from the 3EB myspace page, front row with the hand in my face)...The big announcement is still coming soon. Working on getting all my metaphorical chickens together first. Stay tuned! :)
-Lindsay

2 comments:

bethchien said...

Hey girl!! I love love your latest projects!! And awesome concert pic! THat is cool that you met the band!! I am such a groupie (for any group that I like) at heart! :D
B

Ellen said...

Love the birthday card you created with the bandit card...sooooo fun! I love seeing what you create...such fun goodies! Have an awesome weekend!