Sunday, November 11, 2007

Messy, messy, messy!

This is what my crafty area looks like today...

No wonder I haven't been able to create anything the past few days, haha. In my defense, I had recently received a couple shipments...my Love, Elsie "Noel" and "Zoe" pre-orders had come in, as had my new KI "Pop Culture". I also made a fairly expensive trip to AC Moore. But I had to get some stuff for some Christmas present projects for family members and stuff for a box I'm going to be making for Tim's sister's wedding. It's going to hold all the cards her and her soon-to-be husband get and I'm super honored to be making it for her. I also picked up some small styrofoam wreaths that I hope to turn into similar replicas of the Winter Wonderland button Christmas ornament that I posted a few entries back. I've been told numerous times that I should put some up in my Etsy, so we'll see how they turn out! :)

I need to stop buying though. I was doing really well for a while, but the past couple weeks haven't gone quite as well. I guess that's what happens when all the new products are released. It's just so tempting when you see all this new, cool stuff. It's like you have to have it and you have to have it NOW! I've been scrapping for about 9-10 months now and I've noticed that as soon as new stuff comes out, if you don't get it and use it then, you might as well forget about it, because if you blink twice, another new line is just going to sweep that last one under the rug. Like with Elsie's lines. I totally loved Betty and Roxie and Toby when they first came out, but tonight I was looking at stuff online (which is probably what I need to stop doing, because then I wouldn't really see it and be as tempted to buy it, haha), but you can hardly find any of it and at the time they first came out, I had only really purchased the paper. Then I saw all these really cool things you could do with the chipboard buttons and chipboard button shapes and stuff and now after seeing the newest lines, I'm thinking that those seem so outdated now, that getting them would be pointless, I might as well try for the Jack + Abby accessories and paper (I didn't get anything from this line until this past cycle of purchases and now that's totally hard to find too and the little I just got in, I absolutely love!)...

You see what I'm saying though? If you don't purchase this stuff immediately, it sells out and then it's replaced by what appears to be newer and cooler stuff. It's an addiction, I swear. I'm not the only one like this, right? Please tell me I'm not! haha

I did manage to make a couple layouts last week, 1 of which I can share right now, but the others I have to keep to myself a bit longer. Here's the one I can show, although my most wonderful boyfriend might disagree, haha...
Here's the background on this...he and my Mother like to take little jabs at each other, all in good fun. Whenever Tim eats something messy and sauce or something spills on him, it makes him get all grumpy for a bit and lose his appetite. This was mentioned one day and one thing led to another and "Timothy" turned into "Mope-othy" and my Mother thought it was just so great and funny, that it stuck. Poor Tim. I think he secretly likes it though, shh! :) Although, I don't imagine he would ever admit it. He's probably going to hate me for posting it, so I may need to make up for this later, haha. By the way, this was made using mostly scraps. I had been feeling really stuck lately, and realized that I hadn't rummaged through my scrap bin for a while and had been using new pieces of paper. Using just scraps really took the cork out of my creative bottle. It's crazy! Also, the felt flowers are from Adrienne Looman's Etsy shop.

Speaking of Tim, it was our 1 year anniversary yesterday...that's what's really crazy! I just can't believe it's been a year, but yet again, when I really think about it, I don't remember what life was like without him. I definitely think that's a good thing. Anyway, we didn't do anything really fancy. Originally we were kinda feeling this pressure to get all dressed up and go out to an expensive dinner or something, but then we talked and we realized that we're young, we're near broke, and it's okay to do something fun and casual, as long as we're together.

So, since we went to see a Christmas movie on our first date last year, we thought it was fitting to see a Christmas movie on our 1st anniversary. We chose "Fred Claus", as it looked cute and really, it was the only Christmas movie playing, haha. We went out for some Chinese food beforehand and then went to see the movie. Played some DDR, air hockey and Cruisin' Exotica (the simulated car racing game) while we were waiting. Unfortunately, when the movie started it was doing that really annoying thing where the sound is off from the picture. About 15 minutes in they tried fixing it, which made the sound go out completely. We were all told we could either try to find seats in the second theater showing it, get a raincheck or get our money back. Tim wanted the money back and I took it as a sign that we should have gone to the other theater close by, where we actually went on our first date. So, that's what we did. We had 4 free passes to the other theater, so we invited some friends and the 4 of us went to the later showing. I think it ended up working out better. All in all, a super awesome anniversary! I'll leave you with a pic that will probably be scrapped sooner than later, lol...
Hope you're all doing well!

-Lindsay

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow what a crazy anniversary! My scrap area is always messy lol! So was the movie good because we might go see it.

Happy anniversary! And i love the page!!!!

Christina C. said...

Oooh. I am so jealous of your cute lil scrap space. So stuffed with fun colorful things!
Also, congrats on the anniversary, that is so fantastic.

FauveDesign said...

Owmy you have the cutest stuff girly :D And your room looks like mine,only mine has wayyy more dust then yours LOL Luv that layout from your boyfriend,that title is so cool!!Rock on girl !!