Sunday, December 23, 2007

Nifty Gifties!

Hola! How is everyone doing? Holidays treating you well?

I just wanted to share some crafty gifts I've made this Christmas season. Been keeping them under wraps, but not too worry, all that I'm revealing right now has been unwrapped by the receivers! :)

Here's #1, a wooden skeleton I picked up on clearance at Michael's for 39 cents, all decked out in a Patriots jersey made of felt that I handstitched myself. This was for Tim's best friend Jared, per request by Tim. I put his nickname on the back, as well as his birth year. I think he really liked it!

Nifty gifty #2 is a wall hanging for Jared's fiancee, Tasha, who also used to work with me (kinda how I met Tim!). Thought this was a really good pic of them! I used the SIStv Sonora High Collection papers, which I thought went really well with the colors in the pic.

The next 2 are wall hangings for my friends Katie and Kelly (they're twins!)...I had to use pink on Kelly's because she absolutely adores it! Every time I see her, she's always wearing pink, haha, and I used more masculine colors, like red, blue and black on Katie's so if her and her boyfriend, Andrew, ever move in together, he'll let her hang it up. She used to tell him she wanted an orange kitchen and well, he didn't like that idea so much, so it was more of a little joke than anything, haha.

And because I don't believe my grandmother will read this, especially in the next 2 days, I'll post what I made her...it's a family tree! I painted the tree with brown watercolor, punched out little circles of patterned paper and ephemera and inked the edges and layered them onto the wooden tree (which was also a Halloween clearance item from Michael's), then I glued the photos to clear buttons to give them dimension (they warped quite a bit, as the buttons weren't flat, so I would recommend using something else) and glued those on top of the patterned paper circles. Finally, I tied ribbon and lace to some of the branches and then used some gold K & Co. Twinkle Type to spell out FAMILY along the trunk. Hope she likes it!

Now, this wasn't a gift, but Tim picked up a little mini tree at the tree farm and he wanted me to make him one of my button wreath ornaments, but rocker that he is, he wanted it Ozzy Osbourne themed. So, this is what I came up with (unfortunately, the mini tree didn't work out so well, but the ornament is now on his Mom's tree)...

I've been promising this for soooo long and finally here they are! These are the ornaments I received from the Red Velvet Art Ornament Swap! Aren't they lovely?

This was the first one I received from Kristen in Iowa:

Barb sent this pretty set...she included a little note that said 1 just didn't seem like enough, haha...so glad though because look how nice they all look together!

And last but not least, Kristy sent along this awesome glass bulb filled with some curled Love, Elsie goodness!

Thanks, ladies and thank you Rachel for such an awesome idea!!!

Because I can't help but want to show this off, here is a pic of my handsome boyfriend all decked out in a tux after his sister's wedding. Love it!!

I'll leave you with a pic of our tree this year. Can you spot "The Office" ornament? haha

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas filled with friends, family, good food and love!

-Lindsay

1 comment:

Fauve Design said...

Awe your boyfriend looks so cute!Great tree and i so luv that skeleton!