Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all made it through the holidays as safely and stress-free as possible! Doesn't it seem like so much planning and thought and whatnot goes into Christmas and then it's over so fast. My goal next year is to start my Christmas crafting early, I'm talking October. Yeah, I'll try that. And then hopefully once December hits, I won't feel as rushed to get everything done and stressed that I might not. Maybe I'll actually be able to relax and enjoy the time of year. But of course, it seems like no matter how many times one says that, it never seems to happen. Here's to trying though!
Anyways, here are some pics from the holiday madness...please leave me a comment and let me know how you celebrated this year! :)

This is what the living room looked like after all the unwrapping was done.
Did you see it? Did you see it? My Mom got me a sewing machine! Woo hoo! Now, I just need to learn how to use it...and figure out a place to put it...not sure which will be the more challenging task! I also got some of the Love, Elsie Lola and Riley lines from Hobby Lobby and a Junque Box and vintage embellishment tins from Jenni Bowlin Studio! Of course, I've already managed to play a bit! haha. Thanks, Mom!!!

Tim got me "What About Brian" the Complete Series on DVD, plus this amazingly cool Bowling Bag by Jay McCarroll, the winner of the first "Project Runway" (I believe it was the first...don't really watch the show, so I might be wrong). Look at how cool this thing is!!! Thank you, Timothy!!!

CAUGHT! This is Tim sleeping on the couch after the gifts were all opened, lol.

This is me and my Mini-Me...my cousin, Alyssa. She's a crafter/scrapper in training! I'm so proud!

Me with my cousins at my Grandmother's house after Christmas dinner. I was totally spoiled this year. The scarf I'm wearing is the newest addition to my collection, a Christmas gift from my Mom. She got it at Macy's and it's soooo cool! Goes great with my bowling bag!

CAUGHT AGAIN! This is Tim sleeping on the couch again on New Year's Eve, 10 minutes before midnight. I had to wake him up to get my New Year's kiss! And yep, that's his chain in his mouth. Not sure how he fell asleep like that, but I thought it was cute! haha

Hope the new year is treating you all well and you're not finding yourself buried in snow like I am here in Maine! :)
-Lindsay

2 comments:

Christina C. said...

oooh lucky girl! Looks like you had a great holiday.

cute pictures!

can't wait to see what you come up with with your shiny new sewing machine!

Fauve Design said...

Happy new year girl,fun pictures!And the sewing machine is def. worth a whoot whoot! LOL