Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mojo #15 is up!

The latest and greatest ScrapMojo challenge is up! Brought to you by Fauve, the idea was to make a page or project using inspiration from fashion. Some interpretations could be clothing from your closest, something you saw in a store or catalog, or even online, accessories (i.e. purse or scarf), etc. And you also have to use some kind of tape on your layout/project...this could be decorative, gaffer, masking, electrical tape...just any kind of tape! :)

I met Kate Voegele (recording artist and Mia Catalano from "One Tree Hill") a few weeks ago at a show in my town and I thought it would be really fun to use that pic for my layout. I mean, we're both girls, so I could make it really girly and cool, right? Then I tried to think of something I could use for inspo. I'm not really fashionable with my clothes, so I couldn't think of anything in my closet, but I do have a love for accessories and cute home decor (and scrap supplies!), so I knew it had to be a purse or scarf or something. I first toyed with the idea of making something based off the colors of a favorite scarf I have, but then I remembered the Jay McCarroll bowler bag Tim bought for me from Fred Flare this past Christmas and said, yep, that's it!

Here's the bag...
I just love how the majority of it is grey with black trim and then pop! There's those bursts of colors on the front. It's easily my favorite bag...even so much so that I never use it for fear of bringing it some place and getting it dirty, haha.

Once I had my inspo, I knew I had to use black and grey for my background, which luckily for me I had just received a NSD order from 2Peas, which included some of the new Hambly Brocade papers, including the black and grey schemed sheet. I had my background, then I thought about how I wanted to pull from the circles. I decided I wanted to try to replicate them using felt, so I went to town cutting and stitching. I used masking tape as my tape because I love how I can write right on it and voila! Here's the finished layout:So, do you wanna know what you're playing for? How about a lovely kit from Coordinate Collections? Yippee! Have your layouts/project linked up to us on the Mojo site by May 30th. Good luck!

:)
-Lindsay

1 comment:

Micayla said...

Loving the layout and that bad rocks!