Tuesday, July 22, 2008

While waiting to go to work...

I have to work 6-2am tonight and tomorrow night. Fun stuff!

So, in the meantime I figured I'd show you some of my Goodwill finds from Sunday. Seriously, I should go there everyday. I love how you never know what you'll find. Every time I go in there, though, I've been wanting to find a really cute owl something or other. After I found the little brass set at a thrift shop over my birthday weekend, I've been totally wishing to find more.

I go in there the other day, go right on back to the housewares area and low and behold, look at what I found!Isn't it just the perfect little pen and pencil holder!? Oh, I love him! He was $2.99. On Etsy, he probably would have been, like, $17.99, so I consider him a major bargain. He's gotta be vintage too, judging from the amount of dust on the inside. It was like old haunted mansion cobwebby type dust in that thing, for real. But he looks real pretty after being cleaned, if I do say so myself!

That wasn't all I found either....more lace and craft supplies!!!I found a bag of all that loose lace for $2.99, the store roll of lace trim for $2.99 and the other stuff (pink flower accents, mending yarn, dolls eyes) for $1.99. Not sure if I'll ever use the dolls eyes, but you never know. I loved the little pink flowers and have already used some on a LO, although unfortunately I can't show you now. I'm also in the process of making new Thank You tags for my Etsy shop to send out with every order and have used the mending yarn as string at the top. So, yeah, I heart Goodwill. Just be careful if you do go on a weekend, some people can really be ruthless in there!

I've been working on quite a few LOs for different things lately. Most I can't show. I can, however, show you these 2...The Spiderman one was just for fun. Kinda different for me using those colors. The combo of purple, red, yellow, and black is one I probably won't use again, but I do think they fit the LO nicely. And the New Friends LO is one I made awhile ago. Wasn't sure if I was going to use it for something, but I used another one instead, so I'm sharing this one. These 2 were some of my Etsy purchases. Look, an owl! The owl actually came from DomestiKate and the baseball boy from Shop 66.

Speaking of Etsy purchases, I just HAD to buy this print yesterday from Matt Cipov. It doesn't necessarily look like Heath Ledger, but before I saw the title, I knew it was supposed to be him and I just love his rendition. I love the yellow background and I think it would look beautiful in a black frame. If we end up moving, which it looks like we might, you'd better believe I'm going to have fun decorating!

Do you save cardboard? Like, the cardboard that comes in your shipments of scrapbooking papers and other supplies? I've been saving it forever...I have a whole box full of it! I've been thinking lately that I should actually do something with it instead of letting it continuously build up. That's why I started making the Heartfelt Wall Hangings. I hated to throw it out and the city I live in doesn't actually recycle (2 thumbs down to them, right?). The other day I was thinking of different wall hangings to make out of the cardboard and I thought they'd make a super cute little house. So, this is the finished one...
I think I'm going to keep this one and hang it when we move. It will be appropriate. I might make more to put up in my Etsy shop. What do you think?

Oh, the new Mojo challenge is up! Kerry Lynn Yeary is the GDT...I adore her work! I love how she mixes in all the vintage-y goodness! All you have to do is ask someone that you know what they would do with a million dollars and use a pin (could be a stick pin, pinback button, etc.) or a pen (i.e. to journal with). I used 2 pearl-headed stick pins, a small butterfly pin that I covered in German Glass Glitter and of course, a pen. I had Timothy write his own journaling and used that. I covered the chipboard flowers, which was leftover from my last Dozens kit in the new Doodlebug Crushed Velvet Flock. Kinda cool. It was the easiest to get back into it's canister but if you use a paper plate as a funnel, it works okay. This is due July 31st and the prize is a super pack of tags from the Living Room Floor. Good luck!Gotta go get ready now. Wish me luck and easy sleep when I get home at 2:30 in the morning, haha.
-Lindsay

4 comments:

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky! Your little owl is way too cute! And look at those trims--major score.

I like the LO with your sweety and the his million dollar wishes--he's so sweet!

Smiles, Karen

Babydoll said...

Loving all the layouts!! The Spidey one is my favorite. That little owl is adorable. You're making me want to make a trip to Goodwill.

Fauve Design said...

love your layouts and sjeeeeeez i hate you for all your great thrift store finds arghhhhhhhh ;)

Michelle said...

No way. Your city doesn't recycle? That's so odd! I save all that chipboard stuff too. Love the los. And that owl and lace was a great find. My mom goes to look for stuff like that all the time too. :D