Monday, October 20, 2008

The Crafty Closet 2.0.

That's what I call it. That is, the second closet in the new bedroom that houses all my supplies.

I re-did it. I spent all day Saturday fixing it up. Seriously. All day and night, in fact. See, I decided that instead of leaving the card table I use as my scrap desk in the room, all looking like the eye-sore that it is, I should actually put it IN the closet. And hence, scrap from IN the closet. Except, not really in, just kinda, like a scrap nook that I can roll my little Target task chair on up to and get down to business in. It just wasn't working for me before. At all. I couldn't open the closet door all the way because the card table stuck out too far and then because of that, I couldn't really easily get to all of my supplies and it was just all blah. So, anyways, without further ado, I give you...

THE CRAFTY CLOSET 2.0:I think I kinda dig it. Everything is much more accessible and visible. Before, I would forget what I had and not even use it. Maybe I'll use everything now. I think it's quite perfect for me, actually. Helps that there is a light in the closet. So, I can see too. And when I'm not feeling all that creative, I can just shut the door and voila! I don't have to be reminded of my current creative failures, haha. Although, the door hasn't shut yet. The room is still a work in progress, but the good thing is it is PROGRESSING. Yep. :)

Oh, and Mraz was amazing, as expected. I heart him. I really do. It was a sold out show, and our seats were pretty far back, so I didn't get any good videos or pictures, but I did find this video of "The Dynamo of Volition" on YouTube that someone took. It's sooo good! Check it out...

He made the whole crowd do that little dance and beforehand he had said "Don't let your mind stop you from having a good time", in reference to worrying about looking like an idiot while doing it. I loved that. So true. My mind is always ruining my good time.

Here's a scene from my desk yesterday.Jar of vintage buttons from the flea market, stickers and buttons from the concert. Office mini notes and globe from the Target dollar spot. Love the dollar spot!

I also added this Home Sweet Home Holiday wall hanging to my Etsy shop yesterday. This is a hard one to part with. I want to keep it. Eek!

And coming very soon to my shop...some of those rhinestone button packs, I promised. As well as some vintage laces and I have 2 of these old Pullman date stamps. I have one that I've started using in place of the cheap Staples one I had and I love it! So, keep checking the shop for those and other goodies!:)
-Lindsay

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

the closet looks awesome!, so functional!!! and i love Mraz too, one of my favs!

Jill said...

OKAY, I must know who makes that green slimy alphabet! I loveee it!

Genevieve said...

Wow, the closet looks amazing, I love the idea of hanging everything up to see, so that you actually use it! I like to keep everything neat and in its place, but then I forget I have it! Great job :)

angie said...

your closet looks fantastic! i love how you hung stuff up so you can see it!

Fauve Design said...

Looking soooooo good girl,wow!And i am way jealous of that stamp!You are so lucky...

Cherry Runway said...

That looks beyond amazing. I would have so much fun in your scrapbooking closet. :)

Along with everyone else...i love that you hung up your supples. Organzied and instant art!