Saturday, January 3, 2009

Welcome to 2009, here's a cold...

I woke up New Year's morning to find that I had come down with a cold. Lovely. My whole body ached, seriously from head to toe. Even my hands. It was awful. I spent the day laying on the couch, watching a "Bones" marathon on TNT, re-reading "Twilight" when I didn't feel too sleepy. I felt a bit better yesterday, and a bit more today, although now the cold has traveled to my head. Grr. Not a great way to start the year, but it's okay...hopefully it will only get better, right? haha

I hope everyone else had a better New Year's...and how was your Christmas? I feel like we have so much to catch up on, which, we probably due, but thanks to the post-Christmas craziness and the cold, I've been set back. I had been meaning to update sooner, but you know how that goes. So, I will try to cover everything I have been wanting to cover, hopefully not forgetting anything. Bear with me, haha...

1. It was an Edwardian Christmas in my house this year! Yes, that means I got lots of "Twilight" goodies, but the highlight being the lifesize Edward Cullen cardboard cutout Tim found 2 days before Christmas at our local FYE. It was the last one they had and apparently as he was carrying it around the mall after, people kept offering him money for it. He refused. I love him...yes, I mean Tim. Okay, Edward too, hehe!2. I made a trip to Goodwill a few days before Christmas and scored 2 bags worth of stuff for $7.77! Everything Christmas-related was half off...it was wonderful! Of course, I had to buy a billion random bags of "junk" to get a few cute things, but for that price, you can't really go wrong...I think. My favorites are the plastic angel ornament and the ultra-fabulous little acorn man. He was handmade by "Ingrid". I should name him...any ideas?3. I start a new job on Monday. Nervous, excited, more nervous, but I think it will be good. Wish me luck!

4. I went to the mall yesterday and when I went to plug my iPod into my adapter in the car, there was nothing on it...no music, no videos. I panicked. I've had this iPod for 3 years and it's been so good to me, I couldn't figure out what happened. My only guess is that on New Year's Eve I had accidentally left it plugged in to my laptop when I went to bed and that maybe somehow with the change of the year, it reset itself. I have it set to manually upload everything and to not sync, so that's all I can think of. At that point, I was faced with a choice. Do I buy a brand new iPod and give my old one to Tim, who's been wanting one to take to the gym with him or do I just re-upload all my music, knowing it's years are numbered now anyways? I figured since I had been thinking sooner or later I needed a new one anyways, that before going to the hassle of uploading all my music (I had the 30 gig I had almost filled) onto the old one and having it happen again or something, I might as well buy a new one. So, I did. I spent all last night uploading music. I really didn't make a dent. I'm going to keep plugging away at it till it's done.

5. I haven't really made anything, like I had planned to this week. I wanted to make lots of V-Day goodies for the shop and some other new things, but it just didn't happen. Hopefully this week, but we'll see. I did make another "Twilight"-inspired item. I'm keeping this one and the other one is going up in the shop.I also managed to squeeze out this LO...
6. I'm sure I have more to say, but I think the Alka Seltzer is blocking my brain waves now and so, I'll leave you with a few more pics from Christmas...
Santa Tim.My cousin opening a small vintage Dala Horse I purchased from DomestiKate on Etsy.My great-grandmother opening a framed picture of our entire family from Thanksgiving.Our tree.Hope everyone is well! :)
-Lindsay

4 comments:

bethchien said...

OMG, girl! Your tree is absolutely beautiful! And I so dig your latest layout. That is freaking hilarious that your man was carrying around another "man" for you! haha
:P
B

Michelle Clement said...

Dude - looks like you had fun holidays! And that Edward cut-out is too funny...my husband would die if I brought that home...lol. :) Anyhoo - happy oh-nine! Hope the cold is gone and the new job is rockin!

Christina C. said...

hey there.
looks like you had a very lovely holiday.

hope all is well with you and that you haven't run away with your edward. :D
feel better soon.

Shelly Brewer said...

so much to comment on...lovin all of your photos and crafts.