Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ben & Jerry's is the devil.

I'm sure you can agree. Now that it's somewhat warmer out, I've found myself constantly reaching for a pint of either Ben & Jerry's Cheesecake Brownie or my new favorite, Dublin Mudslide, every time I'm in the frozen aisle of my local supermarket. What is this??? I mean, I've always enjoyed ice cream, but have had the will power to avoid it a majority of the time. This year, nope. No will power whatsoever. No will power to say no to Ben and no to Jerry and no to their yummy, yummy creamy frozen goodness! Grr! And I can already feel the effects of eating it. You really cannot have your cake (or in this case, ice cream) and eat it too. So unfortunate.

I've also managed to take up a really BAD iced coffee addiction too. I've always been addicted, but now it's way worse. Like every day, sometimes 3 times a day with extra cream each time. ARGHHH! Someone help me! Please!

But not this week. Next week, for sure. See, this Saturday is my birthday. 24 years old. And, I must celebrate with iced coffee and ice cream cake and....thrifting...yes, thrifting sounds nice. That's all I have planned. That's it and the rain that they're forecasting had better hold off!

Speaking of thrifting, I haven't showed you all what I picked up after hitting a few yard sales with my Grandmother (she loves yard sales, always have...I suppose that's where I get the love of vintage and stuff from) on Saturday.Obviously, it was quite successful and while most is pictured, not all of it is. Not pictured is a large lot of vintage lace I managed to find. A whole box...for just $1.00! At the time of the photos, I hadn't really sorted through it yet.

Some things will be showing up in my Etsy shop, Other Such Nonsense 2: Vintage and Supply. I really have too much stuff as it is and while I'd like to keep it all, I just don't have the space. I'll add things now and then to the shop....supplies, vintage odds and ends. It really will have a wide range of random goods and you never know what might pop up there. Especially since when I'm out and see something cute or neat, I just can't bear to leave it there. Then, I get it all home and I go, oh my goodness...what am I going to do with all this!?

I'll hopefully have a few new things added tonight or tomorrow, like this super cool vintage new in package cosmetic bag......and these 1980 vintage biscuit forms by Cooks Tools (wouldn't these look way cool holding little bits of things, like sequins or rhinestones?)...So, keep an eye on the shop!

Now, today, I already added 2 new lovely items to Other Such Nonsense! I almost don't want to part with these!Lovely Little Things Trinket Box
Made of wood, finished with acrylic paint, vintage fabric pieces, lace, glitter and a rhinestone piece from a vintage clip-on earring.Mini Wall Sign No. 19 Very Happy Day
Made with recycled cardboard, vintage paper pieces, lace, sequins, paint, hand stitching, a vintage rhinestone piece and an antique Victorian scrap rose cutout from the late 1800s, early 1900s.

And don't forget, I'm still including a free Little House magnet with every purchase for the first 10 customers at Other Such Nonsense!

Stay away from the Ben & Jerry's! :)
-Lindsay

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow WOW WOW!!! what amazing things you have found! I *heart* the plastic doilies!!

Ellen said...

wow...you totally scored! I love it all!

I BLEED PINK said...

OMG Girl, you got some good stuff. I really need to start thrifting again. Feel free to send me that white and pink dish...LOL!!

Melissa Mann said...

Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

wow you got a ton of awesome stuff from the thrift shops! Im jealous of all the vintage lace, hehe.
happy birthday again too! You deserve to pig out on ice cream and iced coffees sometimes. summer's the perfect time for it anyways! :)