Saturday, August 29, 2009

A Rainy Saturday.

So much for having our yard sale today. Thanks to the rain, we've had to postpone till next week. I really hope it's nice next Saturday! I really have so much stuff I want to try to get rid of.

Speaking of yard sales, I had posted an ad for it on Craigslist. It was my first time posting on there ever. Has anyone ever done this? I had 2 people respond asking if I need money. I know this is probably an attempt at a scam, but I just couldn't believe that people finds these adds and try this. I mean, seriously. What the heck?

And along the lines of having so much stuff, I just can't help but keep bringing in more! haha Last week, I went to an estate sale with my Grandmother. It was crazy!I guess this was like my first "real" estate sale...others have been the family trying to sell stuff in boxes and bags out in a driveway. This one was run by what I'm assuming was a company. It was an older estate, probably vacant for years. I don't believe I saw anything past the 1980s, so the people had been gone for awhile. Like I said, it was crazy though...there were probably 40-50 people mobbed around waiting to get in when it opened. Once it did, everyone just ran and grabbed! I thought my poor Grandmother was going to get trampled or something! The prices on some things were a bit high, particularly furniture, but I wasn't looking for furniture, just small things.My favorite find was 2 vintage Jadite sugar bowls that were hidden at the very back of a cabinet. It was so dark inside, so I couldn't really see. I didn't even realize these were Jadite at first...I saw a blue-ish/green-ish color that looked appealing, so I just grabbed them. It wasn't until I got home and was able to actually look at them that I realized what they were. I was so excited! I've fallen in love with Jadite over the past few months from seeing pieces on Etsy and in antique malls, but they're always sooo expensive. I've been itching to find some! These were $1 each. Score!
And I also really love this little ceramic deer. He's losing his paint in spots, but otherwise, he's in great condition. He was found at the very bottom of a box. Poor thing.Off to go do some food shopping. Always fun stuff. Especially when it means picking up a coffee from Dunkin' Donuts on the way home!
-Lindsay

1 comment:

TheresaK said...

I always love looking at the treasures you find!! :)