Friday, February 5, 2010

Bad Blogger! Bad!

I know, I know...I've been a bit MIA as of late. Back in December, I was pre-occupied with getting ready for my first craft show (which, by the way, went well for me, even though the actual attendance at the show was pretty dismal, unfortunately), and then as soon as that was over, it was Christmas and New Year's and here we are in February. I promise to be a better blogger from now on. Really! I'm going to try my very best to post a blog every Friday from here on out.

For now, I'll give you a brief run-down of what's been going on in my life. In list format because lists are fun, right?

- Christmas happened. I got a new camera! Yay!- I tried out my new camera by taking lots of new pictures.

- I also re-vamped my Other Such Nonsense shop photos.- I started watching this cute little man 3 days a week.- I became head over heels in love with the insanely amazing TV series, "Dexter".

- I watched the first season of "True Blood" after seeing it at Target for the low price of $16.99.

- I also got caught up on "Supernatural" seasons 3 & 4 thanks to Tim picking them up for me for Christmas.

-I saw "Avatar" in IMAX 3D and while being impressed by the visuals (of course), thought the movie was okay. Really just saw it as a metaphor for how we, as humans, have nearly destroyed our own planet.

- I developed a mini-crush on Joseph Gordon-Levitt after seeing "500 Days (of Summer)" and then "The Lookout".- I stopped to remember Heath Ledger on January 22nd, the 2 year anniversary of his passing. Still so heartbreaking to me.- I splurged on some new supplies from Papier Valise. Although, I've yet to use them.

- I have been desperately trying to find my creative spirit again. While feeling very much like I want to create and feeling very inspired at times, the hand full of times I've sat down to, I haven't had much luck.

- I did create one layout. This one, which is the first layout I've ever machine-stitched on...
- I had someone hit and break my driver's side mirror while stopped in traffic heading to work on Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to me!

- I discover dried pineapple...yum!

And that's about it. Not a very exciting past 2 months. Lots of movie and tv-watching and not creating. It's been a nice break though. After the holidays, I think everyone always needs a little re-charge.

Tomorrow, I'm heading into the big city...Boston-bound to see the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science. Should be neat! Lots of costumes and props from the films...love seeing that stuff! I need to start saving money (yeah, right) for a trip to Universal Studios Orlando to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. I've often said, if I could live in any fictional world, I'd pick the world of Harry Potter, hands down! I'm such a geek, I know.

Hope this finds everyone well!
-Lindsay

3 comments:

Unknown said...

have fun in the big city tomorrow!!
Love the pics, so happy to see a new layout from you! :)
I have loved JGL since he was on 3rd rock, he's so cuuute! I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since heath died, it doesn't seem like that long ago at all! :( RIP Heath!

Jenny + Mark = Love said...

Isn't Dexter one of the best shows you have ever seen? We have been watching it since it first aired on Showtime. It only gets better and better with each season.
I too can't believe it's been two years since Heath Ledger passed.

krista said...

Hello! Glad you are back! Hope your headcold is better.

I love that layout!!! Thanks for sharing!

Enjoy your weekend!
krista