Monday, October 25, 2010

Vintage Kit Fun

About a month ago at one of the last yard sales I hit of the season, I found a brand new in the box sealed vintage 1978 Li'l Missy Mrs. Santa Doll Kit. It still had the original K-Mart price sticker and for $1, it was super cute and I figured it might be something fun to try, so it came home with me.
Today was one of those gray, dreary days, so I decided to take my chances and try to put this thing together.Normally, I really have a hard time trying to put things together from kits. I read the instructions and sometimes re-read and re-read them again. They can seem so foreign and difficult. It's why I normally don't buy kits of anything...I'd rather figure it out on my own or make my own whatever. It's crazy, sure, but I think it's because I'm so afraid of messing something up that can't be undone, that the whole process seems like more of a chore to me. Please tell me I'm not the only one like this!Overall all, it wasn't so bad. Sure, it took me a few hours during which I had to step away a few times, but in the end, I think she's pretty cute. She's not perfect like the one pictured on the packaging and I messed up her hat a bit, but I was able to fix it for the most part.
I think she'll be a really cute addition to my Christmas decor this year!

Ironically enough, Sadie of Sadie Lou Who also recently found a vintage Li'l Missy doll kit, although in a different style. You can find her blog about it right here. Super cute!

Hope you all have a wonderful start to your week!
-Lindsay

No comments: